Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Review SanDisk USB 3.0 Ultra Dual USB Drive OTG


My friend lend me her USB Drive because of urgent needs of our project file sharing.

The one I'm using is 32 GB capacity - Black color variant, and it claims the read speed could reach up-to 150 MB/s in their website.

Note, that 16 GB variant read speed only up-to 130 MB/s written in their website product page. While 32 GB and bigger capacity is 150 MB/s.

Since it's Dual USB, it does contains USB-Type A and Micro-B 5 Pin plug. I know you might be confused, like wtf were those ?

Here's the picture of the difference between USB interface plugs


Yes, the one I'm reviewing is using common USB and Micro USB plug, just to make clear and giving some details.





The problem that my friend giving me the flash drive is because she's buying the wrong one. Her phone connector was USB Type-C, while she bought the Micro USB.

Now, here we go to the speed test


Since I'm currently on my Mac and no Windows OS, so I can't test the drive using CrystalDiskMark. Instead I'm using Disk Speed Test app from Blackmagicdesign.

The write speed at peak, it reaches ~38 MB/s while the read speed is about ~152 MB/s. Slightly faster than what they wrote in their website though, which amazes me a bit.



The device gets hot even if you only plug it in. Better leave it unplugged if you are not using it to conserve it's lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot